At RAM Tool, we are an industry leader in manufacturing and custom machining with decades of experience. Our advanced technology and equipment allows us to deliver quality parts and tools ready for production. We specialize in building tight-tolerance aluminum and zinc casting dies designed to exceed your needs.
Precision Machining Capabilities
There are a number of machining methods that can be used to create custom and standard parts. Selecting the appropriate method will depend on the specific needs of your application.
- High-speed Precision Milling. High-speed milling provides all the accuracy and precision of traditional milling with faster production. Steel, aluminum, and titanium are frequently machined this way, making it suitable for die/mold and aerospace industries. We can handle table loads up to 17,000 pounds at speeds of up to 8,000 RPM.
- CNC Horizontal Boring Mills. Our Kuraki horizontal boring mills can handle up to 44,000 pounds and drill H-13 steel at speeds of up to 60 inches per minute. They are used in general machining as well as energy, automotive, and aerospace industries, and drill holes horizontally, providing more flexibility as the machine moves around the part, allowing larger sizes to be handled easily.
- Large Part Machining. We are capable of machining large-scale weldments and castings for applications in aerospace, military, and other heavy equipment up to 20 tons with work tables that accommodate up to 157 x 94 x 47 inches. We can use a variety of materials such as titanium, stainless steel, and others.
- 5-Axis Machining. Our state of the art 5-axis machining center offers high precision capabilities on most standard metals including steel, titanium, and zinc, making this type of machining ideal for applications in aerospace, medical, and other heavy equipment. We have the ability to handle complex shapes with superior accuracy, speed, and easy setup.
- CNC Vertical Machining Centers. In a vertical mill, the spindle is mounted vertically, allowing for single setup operation and faster turnaround times. Vertical mills are the most common type of CNC mill and are suited for most standard milling projects, including large connecting rods, enclosures, and other industrial components.
- Sinker EDM and Wire EDM. Popular for mold and die making, these electrical discharge processes allow for the creation of sharp corners, intricate details, blind cavities, and thin walls, using conductive metals such as aluminum, steel, and titanium. Both methods use electrical spark erosion by immersing the material in dielectric liquid or using spooled wire. These processes are commonly used in the medical and bioscience industries.
We offer a full range of CMM inspection services, including Renishaw probing with constant touch scanning. With PC-Demis and Metris software, we provide cutting edge measuring and inspection services with clear analysis and superior accuracy.
Toolroom CNC machines are used to machine custom tools. Our toolroom CNC machines offer quality parts at a good price.
We offer flexible and powerful Miller Syncrowave welders along with a Micro Welder for low-amp, detailed work and a Bore Welder for working at difficult angles and internal areas. We can weld materials such as steel and other special alloys in a variety of sizes to fit our customers’ requirements.
Quality Services for Added Performance
RAM Tool provides additional services, including:
- Engineering and Design. Our engineering and design department offers a variety of software chosen to match the requirements of the job, allowing us to build a stable, efficient, and cost-effective part or die.
- Manufacturing. RAM Tool has a large variety of manufacturing machines that allow us to complete large or small projects in-house, maintaining control over progress, accuracy, and final results. We can work with large weldments and fabrications using a variety of parts.
- Custom Machining. With the latest technology, equipment, and software, our expert team can custom machine large and small parts with varying complexities in single parts or multiple runs.
- Delivery. RAM Tool maintains a fleet of trucks prepared to quickly and safely deliver orders of all sizes.
Custom Machining & Manufacturing from RAM Tool, Inc.
Our team of experts can help with your extensive design, machining, and delivery requirements. Using the best technology and equipment in our state of the art facility, we provide quality parts with high customer satisfaction. Contact us today to see how we can help with your tooling needs.