We pride ourselves on being on the cutting edge of the ever-changing custom machining industry.
Custom machining relies on the use of advanced machining equipment, such as CNC milling, CNC turning, electronic discharge machining (EDM), and others to create extremely accurate, very high-quality components. Many industries rely on custom machining capabilities for producing non-standard original components, parts with unique geometric complexities, and workpieces with very tight tolerances.
At RAM Tool, we offer a variety of custom precision machining capabilities to help our customers develop original parts. We can build custom CNC tooling and also offer custom-built casts to help our customers benefit from the latest machining industry trends.
The Benefits of Customization
Custom precision machining is used in the production of components that are specifically manufactured to meet a customer’s particular application or design needs. Custom machining services are an ideal solution when:
- The part can’t be found on the shelf. Non-standard parts may be difficult to find in a catalog or may simply not exist. Custom machining is essential for bringing new and original designs to life.
- Meeting special application requirements. Custom machining is ideal for making parts with unique features, such as multiple elements combined into a single component, textual engraving, or other features not found in standard components.
- Lead times. Custom machining offers a fast method for securing difficult-to-find or unique parts. When sourcing a component is challenging, it’s often simpler to engage a provider of custom machining services to produce the part on your behalf to reduce lengthy sourcing timelines.
- Low-volume production. Custom-machined parts often have lower order volume requirements than standard parts, making it easier to place small one-time orders.
- Proprietary or custom pieces. When you have a proprietary part or component that you don’t want available on the broader market, you can trust RAM tool to produce your custom order discretely and reliably.
Leading the Custom Machining Industry
With decades of precision machining experience, we have the knowledge and resources to produce quality built tools that exceed your expectations. With custom machining services from RAM Tool, you will gain the following benefits:
- Extreme accuracy. With the latest in metalworking technology, custom tooling, and software, the team at RAM Tool can produce custom pieces with extremely complex geometries within very tight tolerances.
- Quick order turnarounds. There are no standard lead times for custom machining because each project is unique. Lead times can vary due to material type, part complexity, machine availability, finishing requirements, and many other factors. However, RAM Tool offers custom-built casts and custom CNC tooling in-house, enabling us to quickly begin production on custom orders.
- Identical parts. Using our advanced 5-axis CNC equipment and other state-of-the-art machinery, we produce custom pieces with extremely high repeatability from part to part.
- New markets. Our team is adept at helping our customers realize new concepts and designs that help them break into new markets and seize new opportunities.
- Reverse engineering. Sometimes a customer already has the part they need, but without the design necessary to make more. Our skilled technicians and engineers can reverse engineer existing parts and provide customers with accurate, production-ready designs. When relevant, we can also recommend improvements to the original part. Our machinists and engineers at RAM Tool can also efficiently develop and manufacture specialized parts that meet your needs from your detailed drawings and added notations.
- Streamlined production. With the latest in software and advanced technology at our disposal, we have streamlined every step of production.
- Diverse applications. RAM Tool has extensive experience working with clients to develop custom-machined components in a diverse range of industries.
- Broad part configuration capabilities. We’re able to machine parts that are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand up to weights of 77,000 pounds. With 5-axis machining in-house, we can manufacture parts with intricate dimensions made from a wide variety of materials, all while holding some of the tightest tolerances in the industry.
Our skills and experience have enabled us to manufacture custom components for a number of industries. Some examples of our successful custom machining projects include:
- Medical instruments
- Components for mining equipment
- Aerospace parts for commercial aircraft and spacecraft
- Automotive components
Custom Precision Machining from RAM Tool
At RAM Tool, we take pride in being on the cutting edge of the ever-changing custom machining industry. From state of the art metalworking tools, to the latest technology and software, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes and capabilities for our customers. The diverse range of technologies employed in our facility allows us to take on even the most challenging projects and turn them into quality-built products. Our abilities in the custom machining sector allow us to fulfill virtually any customer need.
To see how custom machining services from RAM Tool can serve your project or operation, please contact us today.