- Full-time positon, hourly rate dependent on individual’s knowledge and experience.
- Candidates will work with our existing Tool Room staff to develop tool and die making skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under a Journeyman Toolmaker for a fixed period of time learning the skills and traits of building die cast tools, jigs, and fixtures.
- Learn the operation of a variety of machines in the Tool Room.
- Use precision measuring equipment to verify quality of work.
- Learn how to build new, and repair used tools.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
- Maintain an organized work environment while following all safety guidelines.
- Must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a Associate Toolmaker program.
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and with a team.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Machine shop experience preferred but not required.
- Basic Computer knowledge.
- Ability to operate a forklift with training.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required.
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Pre-employment drug/alcohol/physical required.