The Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. This is included but not limited to CNC, HMC, & Toolroom equipment, conveyor systems, gearboxes, electrical and hydraulic motors, overhead cranes, and building repairs. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective actions by completing or assigning the repairs, ensuring the systems are operating and functioning safely. Candidates will also be required to fill out daily, weekly, and monthly checklists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing, troubleshooting, and/or assisting in the installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of facility equipment.
- Repairing of replacing broken or malfunctioning components on machinery.
- Performing or assisting in solving production problems.
- Maintaining spare parts inventory. Record parts or materials used and order new parts or materials as necessary.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule with proper documentation.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment and machinery.
- Cutting and welding material to repair broken parts, fabricate new parts, or assemble new equipment.
- Disassemble and/or reassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Perform general preventative maintenance.
- Communicate with a supervisor on maintenance issues and preventative maintenance of the machinery and equipment.
- Maintain an organized work environment while following safety guidelines.
- Maintain routine maintenance on all production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical components on machinery.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Maintain records of repairs and parts used in our database.
- Maintain heating/cooling systems to ensure functionality.
- Assist on PM’s conducted by outside service providers.
- Communicate with outside service vendors to troubleshoot machinery issues.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in a manufacturing facility working with CNC machines.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to weld and cut with plasma cutter, MIG, TIG, or Torch
- Experience using precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to work overtime or weekends as needed.
- Ability to provide daily routine maintenance on machinery.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work well with others.