This collaborative role has overall responsibility for ensuring RAM Tool, Inc can attract, develop and retain great people and establishing human resources practices that support the organization’s business goals. As a strategic partner in the organization, this role leads with a commitment to employee engagement, can drive change, and confidently represent the business of HR and organizational development to both internal and external stakeholders. This position reports to the Controller.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide HR Leadership including identifying and accomplishing strategic HR initiatives while managing day-to-day responsibilities.
- Execute the recruiting plan to ensure the right people are in the right roles.
- Leads full cycle staffing process including job descriptions, job posting, applicant sourcing, recruiting, pre-employment screening, interviewing and employee onboarding.
- Facilitate annual HR processes (ex Organization Talent Assessment, Performance Review/Objective Setting, Engagement, and Merit Plans).
- Partner with others to develop and/or facilitate programs for managers and employees to support business objectives, corporate programs, and individual development.
- Ensure HR compliance; employment and work practices meet applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance to managers regarding effective performance management techniques in order to improve employee retention and productivity.
- This is a hands-on role requiring involvement on high-level as well as clerical tasks.
- Train and mentor other employees through formal and informal programs.
- Work with others in a collaborative way to maintain high employee engagement and retention.
- Maintain current working knowledge of company policies and procedures, pay practices, employee benefits, employment laws and communicates regularly with employees and management to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Lead compensation and administers benefits programs such as health, and dental insurance, vision, 401k, and disability while ensuring fiscal responsibility.
- Track human resource metrics which drive key business results.
- Contract with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Develop and implementation company-wide safety, wellness, and charitable programs.
- Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in human resource or related field.
- Master’s Degree Or Commensurate Experience Preferred.
- Minimum five years of progressive human resource experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in delivering organizational development and HR policy training.
- A PHR/SPHR or SHRM certification is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Functional knowledge of the following HR disciplines recruitment, retention, on-boarding, performance management, affirmative action, equal opportunity employment, training, employee handbook, policy development, and employee relations.
- Customer service-oriented approach to HR with a sense of urgency in response to requests from all team members.
- Proactive and self-motivated, results oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established time frames.
- The ability to develop strategy, solve practical problems, make recommendations, and/or reach decisions.
- Successful track record in leading and managing change throughout an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to coach/develop a strong team.
- Professional presentation, written, verbal and communication skills with the ability to interact and work with employees and customers at all levels of the organization.
- Strengths in decision making, prioritization, problem solving, follow up and detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with focus and purpose.
- The capacity to successfully work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Benefits & Incentives:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Company Paid prescription safety glasses
- Company profit sharing
- Monthly safety/recycling lunches
- 401k with company matching