The plant Controller is an integral part of the plant management team and reports to the president. This position requires direct involvement in both plant operations and corporate finance activities and initiatives as required and is 75% Accounting Operations and 25% Financial Strategy. Duties include overall responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of financial and operational management information to be used in reporting financial results as well as managing the facility, and more specifically as follows:
- Oversee daily operation (customer invoicing, cash receipts, AP, payroll)
- Overall management of Accounting, Human Resources, and IT departments.
- KPIs – (Orders, Shipments, Backlog, Gross Margin, Net Profit and others as assigned).
- Prepare summary and forecast reports relating to income, expenses, and earnings.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month-end/year-end close process.
- Maintain job costing system and analysis of assigned labor/overhead rates.
- Cash flow management and adherence to bank debt covenants.
- As required, prepare and review month end Inventory reports.
- As required, prepare and review material and labor reports.
- As required, coordinate annual physical inventory process and create/review appropriate report(s).
- Preparation of all budgets.
Education and Experience:
- 7 to 10 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Strong ERP background, Epicor preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Proactive and self-motivated, results oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established time frames.
- The ability to develop strategy, solve practical problems, make recommendations, and/or reach decisions.
- Successful track record in leading and managing change throughout an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to coach/develop a strong team.
- Professional presentation, written, verbal and communication skills with the ability to interact and work with employees and customers at all levels of the organization.
- Strengths in decision making, prioritization, problem solving, follow up and detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with focus and purpose.
- The capacity to successfully work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.